To apply for a teaching position at Music4Kids, please complete the form below. We may ask for additional information on a written application in the future.
If you have a resume, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Music4Kids, P.O. Box 971, Merlin, OR 97532.
Part-time. Hours will vary depending upon student enrollment. Schedule will be based on teacher’s availability. Hours will be primarily after school from 2:30-7:00 pm. Weekends are not required but available if a teacher would like to work on Saturday and/or Sunday and there are students who would like to take lessons at those times.
Starting Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. Teachers are considered for a salary increase after each full year of employment.
Requirements for guitar teachers:
- At least one year of guitar teaching experience.
- Ability to read guitar tablature and standard music notation.
- Ability to play in a variety of styles utilizing both open position and bar chords as well as lead guitar using the entire fretboard.
Requirements for piano teachers:
- Ability to play early advanced piano literature. Bachelors Degree in music or music education is a plus.
- Candidates without a minimum of one year experience teaching private piano lessons to children will be asked to observe piano lessons by an experienced teacher in addition to teaching and will serve a probationary period of 6 months.
- Ability to also teach voice or other instruments is a plus.
Requirements for Kindermusik teachers:
- Love for music and a love for babies and young children and enjoyment in being with them.
- Ability to read music notation and sing in tune. Proficiency on a musical instrument and/or training in early childhood education is a plus.
- Interest in research on the benefits of music education on growth and learning.
- Teach music lessons and/or classes to children.
- Develop positive relationship with students and families.
- Take attendance at each lesson/class.
- Explain Music4Kids policies to students and abide by them as a teacher.
- Attend monthly teacher meetings. Assist with planning/hosting Music4Kids recitals in December and May and possibly other times of the year. There is no additional pay for these activities.
Benefits of Teaching at Music4Kids
- Beautiful teaching studios
- Choose your own teaching schedule
- Your time is primarily spent teaching - marketing, scheduling, billing, etc. is handled by Music4Kids
- Become a member of a supportive team of teachers that work together to create a special place where children feel loved, receive a solid foundation in musical skills, and enjoy making music.
If you fit this description, please complete the form below. We will be in touch with you soon!