Classes and Lessons FAQ
1. What is Kindermusik?
Kindermusik is the world’s leading music and movement program for children ages 0-7 years old. Kindermusik curricula is developed by a team of child development experts. Each week, parents and their little ones enjoy singing, dancing, laughing, instrument playing, and storytelling. For detailed descriptions of each level, visit our Kindermusik page.
2. Is it true that Kindermusik classes will help with my child's development?
Yes, it's true and proven by many years of research. Each and every Kindermusik activity is designed to harness music's amazing ability to activate your child's early learning in one or more of the learning domains - sensory, movement, language, cognition, social-emotional, emergent literacy, emergent math, musical – all backed by Kindermusik International’s team of childhood experts who are constantly updating the weekly activities to keep pace with the latest research in child development.
3. Do I have to be a good singer to bring my child to Kindermusik?
No, your child loves your voice, no matter what you or anyone else thinks of it. There is no singing judgement in our Kindermusik classroom. If you truly don't feel comfortable singing in class, you are welcome to hum or chant along, or somehow vocally participate with your little one, and then go try it at home.
4. My little one is so busy. . .what if he won't sit in a circle?
We don’t expect him to!
A few children ages 0-2 may stay seated in parent's laps, but we fully expect many of our Level 1 and Level 2 children to walk and explore - this is part of their learning process. Simply follow along with them and engage with them in the activity wherever they are. Parents often share with us that although they thought their little one wasn’t paying attention in class, at home they demonstrate new movements and skills they gained from the Kindermusik activities!
5. My child is quiet and shy. . .what if she doesn't participate actively in class?
9. Can I bring my toddler or preschooler to an infant class?
Kindermusik Village classes for moms and dads with infants require your focused and whole-hearted interaction with your little one. This is a very precious time to cherish with your new baby. Therefore we do not allow older children to attend class with you. However, if you would like to attend a class with your infant and toddler or preschooler together, we have several mixed ages classes for you to choose from. Siblings under one year are our guest in older classes, so you can schedule a Village class for you and your baby and also bring the baby with you to the mixed ages class as a whole family activity.
10. May we try a class to see if we like Kindermusik?
Yes! Simply schedule a preview class.
11. Can I join after Kindermusik classes have started?
You may join at anytime. Your enrollment fee will be pro-rated if you join after the start of a session so you won't pay for any classes held prior to the day you enrolled.
Music Classes and Lessons FAQ
1. How old does a child need to be to start piano lessons.
Children younger than 7 begin in our Kindermusik program and begin our piano class after Kindermusik graduation following the completion of Level 5. In Kindermusik Level 5 they learn how to read music so they already have that skill when they continue on in our piano class. Learning piano is more fun, more successful, and much less stressful when they can focus their full attention on what their fingers are doing and not try to figure our how to read music at the same time.
2. At what age can my child begin guitar lessons?We prefer that children be at least 9 years old before beginning guitar lessons. We have found that at this age their hands are large enough to make it easier to play and be successful. They also tend to have a stronger ability to focus and to practice even with sore fingers, which are inevitable for a beginner. Younger children do well with the ukulele. We do not currently have ukulele classes and lessons for new students, but you may want to call
Great Northwest Music at 541-956-8600. They offer ukulele classes and have great teachers.
If you have a question that is not included here, please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to answer it for you!
We have been attending Kindermusik with Miss Deb for over 2 years now, and my girls love the classes and Miss Deb. She is wonderful with all of the kids, and so patient! Music is really important to me, and through Kindermusik, my daughters are discovering their love of everything music related. I can't say enough good things about this program!
Signing my children up for classes at Music 4 Kids has been one of the best parenting decisions I’ve ever made. Miss Deb creates an inviting space in which everyone can have fun, play, and learn. The space is baby-proof, classes are family friendly, and Miss Deb’s patient, playful nature is the icing on the cake. We love music classes at Music 4 Kids!
For Music4Kids Members